With spring in the air, one cannot be but happy and full of love for new beginnings that the season brings! Add hearts (as in 3D Foam Hearts), lots of glitter and bright colors…well, that puts me in a happy place…lol!
Hello everyone, Yvonne here sharing a love themed card. It is easy to make such a card using 3D Foam Hearts and Craft Foils from the 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit. 3D Foam Shapes can create gorgeous dimensional effects on your cards on its own or by stacking them to add an even extra layered element to your project.
Creating a Heartful Spring Card
On a square kraft card base, layer two panels of white and corrugated cardstock. Adhering both with the E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser.
Then let’s start embellishing the card front with 3D Foam Hearts.
For the pink stacked hearts:
- Remove the top liner of the Large Foam Heart and place a Small Heart (leave top liner on) on top.
- Repeat this with a Medium Foam Heart and place a Small Heart (leave top liner on) on top.
- Sprinkle pink glitter onto the Large and Medium Hearts and gently rub the glitter into them to secure.
- Tap off the excess glitter or use a soft brush.
- Remove the top liner off the Small Hearts and apply Red Craft Foil from the 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit (red side UP). Rub gently and peel away.
For the gold glittered and other hearts:
- Remover the top liner of the Medium Foam Heart and Small Foam Heart and sprinkle gold glitter on top. Again, gently rub the glitter into them to secure. Tap off excess.
- Add self-adhesive rhinestone in the center of the Medium Foam Heart. Tip: just to make sure that it sticks to the rough surface, I used Adhesive Dots.
- Add some more hearts using either glitter or foil – your choice.
- Note I added embossing powder to the 3D Foam Hearts and melted it with a heat tool for another amazing effect. Yes, the foam is heat resistant!
Cut a banner from black cardstock (which was heat embossed with a stamped sentiment) and adhere to the card using Crafty Foam Tape Black. Then finish the card using some self-adhesive rhinestones.
I hope you enjoyed the instructions on how to make the card and wish you happy crafting!
Hugs from Holland,
Quietfire Design (The Love We Give Away), Cardstock (kraft, white, black, corrugated), glitter, rhinestones, Versamark (Watermark Stamp Pad), WOW (Embossing Powder Opaque Bright White), self-adhesive Rhinestones, Paper trimmer, Tweezers