Hi it’s Beth, just home from a family reunion weekend. These are the thank you cards I’m sending to the relatives!
These A-Door-Able cards are pretty easy to make and are actually inspired by my own red front door.
The tricky part for me was how to embellish the door. I decided on a wreath with ribbon flowers. I die cut a wreath shape with circle dies, then wrapped Crafty Power Tape and ribbon around it. This will securely hold ribbon!
Next I placed Dodz™ Adhesive Dots Small onto the wreath then layered pieces of leafy ribbon onto them. Then I trimmed excess from the rose ribbon and placed a Dodz™ Small on the back of each rose. I removed the backing and positioned each onto the wreath.
A quick dab with a marker gave the roses some color.
The door plates were die cut from foil, and then I added a black brad as a door knob.
The door panels are rectangle die cuts that I inked and layered with Thin 3D Foam Squares. The give just enough dimension but not enough to be bulky in this case. Then the panels were adhered with E-Z Dots® Permanent. I also used that to adhere the red door piece to a folded card.
Love this idea? Want to see more? Visit my blog to see more examples of A-Door-able cards!
- Scrapbook Adhesives® by 3L:
- E-Z Dots® Permanent, Crafty Power Tape, Thin 3D Foam Squares, Dodz™ Small
- WorldWin Papers: Red Cardstock
- Spellbinders™ Paper Arts: Grand Calibur® Machine, Classic Rectangles SM, Long Classic Rectangles SM, Standard Circles SM, Labels Twenty-Five, 2010 Heirloom Ornaments, Craft Foil
- Clearsnap: Brown Fluid Chalk Ink
- Creative Impressions: Ribbons & Brad