Welcome to Day 5 of our Blog Hop with Quietfire Designs!
It’s Angela hosting today and I am sharing a tutorial for how to incorporate Art Paper into your crafting projects using the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Adhesive Sheets. I used the technique to create this Thank You card:
There is a small art supply store near my house and they have a frequently changing inventory of archival quality art papers….all of which are so very pretty. It got me thinking as to how I could incorporate these materials into my cards and scrapbook layouts. Since some of the papers, like the one shown in the project above are translucent, the right adhesive was key! Turns out, the right adhesive was the Adhesive Sheets – 4×6″. Let’s get started!
Step by Step Instructions
1. Gather your supplies. Cut a card base from white card stock (5.5 x 8.5 inches folded to 5.5 x 4.25 inches).
2. Apply an Adhesive Sheet – 4×6″ to white card stock by removing the yellow backing layer and applying the exposed adhesive to the card stock. Burnish the white backing to ensure complete transfer.
3. Peel the white backing from the adhesive layer and cover the exposed adhesive with the art paper. Burnish lightly to smooth out any wrinkles.
4. Trim to 4.00 x 5.25 inches and round the corners. Adhere to the card base with MyStik® Permanent Strips.
5. Stamp the Quietfire Thank You, Rough Hewn sentiment onto white card stock with an ink in a matching color.
6. Trim, leaving a thin white border and adhere 3D Foam Squares – White, Regular to the backside of the trimmed sentiment.
7. Adhere to the card base and embellish with silver sequins. I used the DODZ™ – Small to adhere the sequins.
Here’s a close up view of the finished card:
Thanks for stopping by today.
Join us all week for the Blog Hop with Quietfire Designs!
Remember, there is a generous prize package up for grabs this week, worth approximately $60 in Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® and Quietfire Designs products! To enter you must leave a comment here on our blog. Then check out how to get additional entries, and come back all week to comment on each post! Then visit Quietfire to see their inspiring projects and enter their giveaway too!
Other Supplies used: Ranger Archival ink, Bazzill Basics Paper card stock, misc. sequins, art paper, twine