We are thrilled to have Tami Mayberry posting as our Guest Designer! She has a lot to share with us, starting with this gorgeous card using our adhesive sheets. Please help welcome Tami by leaving her some “love” in the comments section below (or click: The World is Brighter Card with Adhesive Sheets). WELCOME Tami – take it away!
Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today to share one of my favorite uses for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Adhesive Sheets. When it comes to crafting, I am honestly not a huge fan of liquid adhesives. I find that have neither the time or patience to apply them and wait for them to dry. That is one of the huge reasons that Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® products are my go-to adhesives.
Now, as far as Adhesive Sheets— I currently design for a die cutting company. Many of the dies I use are very intricate with lots of small areas to adhere. When die-cutting such pieces there is nothing I prefer more than Adhesive Sheets. I simply attach the sheet to the back of my cardstock or paper before die-cutting the shapes. I am then able to peel off the backing and attach the die-cut quickly and easily. This is the same process which I used for the card shown above. Try it for yourself and I’m sure you’ll see!
Using Adhesive Sheets for Die Cutting
- Form a 4 ¼ x 5 ½-inch card from light blue cardstock.
- Attach Adhesive Sheet to back of kraft cardstock.
- Position die onto cardstock; die-cut panel design.
- Remove adhesive backing from die-cut shape; attach to light tan cardstock. Trim slightly smaller than card front.
- Stamp sentiment onto light blue cardstock; cut out and V-notch end. Adhere to die-cut panel using Premium Double-Sided Tape 1/4″.
- Wrap panel with twine securing ends to back of panel using Premium Double-Sided Tape 1/4″
- Thread button with twine; tie into a bow. Attach to card front as shown using Dodz Adhesive Dots 3D.
- Attach completed panel to card front using 3D Foam Squares White Regular.
- Attaching with Dodz Adhesive Dots Mini, embellish card front with half-back pearls.
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® supplies:
- Adhesive Sheets 4x6inch
- Premium Double-Sided Tape 1/4″
- Dodz Adhesive Dots 3D
- 3D Foam Squares White Regular.
- Dodz Adhesive Dots Mini
- Cardstock: light blue, kraft, tan
- Verve Let It Bet stamp set
- Clearsnap chocolate ink pad
- Buttons Galore and More: half-back pearls, buttons
- Jute twine
- Die Cut
- Die-cutting machine
By Margie Higuchi November 21, 2016 - 10:39 am
Such a stunning card and wonderful tutorial! Makes me what to pull out some Adhesive Sheets & play NOW! LOL! Welcome, Tami!! Looking forward to your other FAB creations 🙂
By Lisa - papergrace November 21, 2016 - 3:27 pm
Lovely card, Tami, and fabulous use of the products!! The Kraft and the baby blue are so perfect together.
PS – Welcome to the Guest DT! 🙂
By ~amy~ November 22, 2016 - 9:38 pm
How beautiful…love your card and color choices!!!!!