Hello crafty friends! I put together this vintage style Congratulations Pocket card to share today. The embossed corner design forms a pocket for a verse or note. The card itself does not open.
Pocket Card Pieces
These are the pieces for this card from back to front:
- Peachy tan card back (4.75 x 6.25 inch) with light distressing along edges with Antique Linen and Hickory Smoke Distress inks plus faint script randomly stamped along the edges with Antique Linen ink.
- Gray mat (4.375 x 5.625 inch)
- Embossed folded panel cut from white cardstock (5.5 x 8.5 inch) and embossed with Doily on half of it, then folded in half and fussy cut along doily edges. Doily part is sprayed with Distress Oxide Saltwater Taffy and rubbed with Distress inks – Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke. Part that shows at back of pocket is sprayed with Distress Saltwater Taffy and rubbed with Wild Honey, Antique Linen, Oxide Saltwater Taffy, Pumice Stone and misted with water. Script stamped with Hickory Smoke ink.
- Black cardstock for verse lightly sprayed with Distress Oxide Saltwater Taffy, misted with water and dabbed off with towel. When dry stamp verse and heat emboss with gold embossing powder and then die cut with oval die.
- Pocket insert back (3.25 x 4.375 inch cut from peachy tan cardstock with rounded corner, edges distressed lightly with Hickory Smoke ink.
- Pocket insert front panel (3 x 4.125 inch) cut form cream speckle cardstock rubbed with Distress Saltwater Taffy, Antique Linen and Hickory Smoke inks around outer edges.
- Seam binding crumpled by misting with water, squeezed in hand several times and heat dried.
Creating the Pocket
To form the pocket, apply 3D Foam Strips along the bottom edge and lower part of the doily edge, peel liners, fold, and press in place to create a pocket.
Use E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong Refillable Dispenser to apply adhesive to back and fasten to the gray mat.
Add Seam Binding
Tie two pieces of seam binding in a bow. Place over pocket and wrap the ends to back and fasten with adhesive applied with E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong Refillable Dispenser
Apply adhesive on the back of the pocket and fasten to the card back panel.
Place 3D Foam Squares White Small Size on back of verse oval, peel liners off and place verse over seam binding on the card.
Form loop of seam binding and attach to the front corner of insert backing using adhesive applied with E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong Refillable Dispenser. Fasten pieces of insert together using E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong Refillable Dispenser. Tuck insert into the card pocket.
I hope you enjoyed this card and found inspiration from it!
Thanks for Visiting!
Creative Time: 30 Minutes
Skill Level: Advanced
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Other: Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko – Versafine Onyx Black Ink (Or Distress Embossing Ink Pad); Penny Black – Beautiful Heart Stamps: Ranger – Detail Gold Embossing Powder, Distress Oxide Spray – Saltwater Taffy; Ranger Distress Inks – Saltwater Taffy, Antique Linen, Wild Honey, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Vintage Photo; Ranger Distress Spray – Saltwater Taffy; Sizzix – Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades Doily; Cardstock – White Heavy, Black, Bazzill Sugar Wafer (gray); Toffee Beige Seam Binding
Save to Pinterest!