Today’s project is an altered paper box. I’m still on my sewing kick, even though I can hardly sew a button on…but at least I’m on trend, right? For other sewing inspired projects see my Spools of Creativity and My Idea of Housework Card blog posts.
For the box, I covered it first with Adhesive Sheets. Then I stamped an image onto tissue paper, crumpled the tissue paper and placed pieces onto the Adhesive Sheet covered box. I smoothed it down with my hands. To tone down the contrast I finished it with a wash of watered down white paint.
The chipboard shapes were painted with crackle paint. I die cut the doily shape and adhered it with Adhesive Sheets. I added the crackle painted chipboard shapes with Crafty Power Tape and Crafty Foam Tape – Black. The letter tiles and button are adhered with Crafty Power Tape.
I measured a length of black ribbon to fit around the box and secured it with Crafty Power Tape. I applied Crafty Foam Tape to the back side of the measuring tape ribbon and added it to the top of the black tape.
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™: Crafty Power Tape, Crafty Foam Tape – Black, Adhesive Sheets
- Die Cut: Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine, Picot Edge Circles die
- Cardstock: WorldWin Papers
- Stamp: Stampendous Dream Text
- Chipboard: Maya Road
- Paint: Ranger Ink Distress Crackle (Black, Gold, Blue)
- Ribbon: Creative Impressions (measuring tape), Black (from my stash)
- From my stash: Box, Buttons, Letter Tiles, Ric-Rac ribbon, Tissue Paper
Have a wonderful day!