The Dimestore Vogue Collection from Vintage Street Market was so much fun to work with! I love the ladies of the past, how did they manage to do it all and look so fabulous?
My card starts with a 6 x 6″ black base. I cut a piece of 5½”pink cardstock as a mat. Then I cut a blue gingham 5¼” squares background. This piece was stitched with pink thread.
Let me just say, I can’t sew my way out of a paper bag. I used my Scor-Pal and Piercing Bug to pierce the holes. I followed with thread for evenly spaced stitches. Both background pieces are adhered with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ Photo Corners in Black and Kraft.
The lovely lady die cut is backed with 3D Foam Squares -White. I love the dimension they give. I cut a few of the small squares in half while still on the backing sheet in order to fit behind the lady’s arms and legs.
The ‘Fashionable Buttons’ tag is from the same die cut sheet. I stamped “My Idea of Housework” on the back side of the blue gingham paper, which resembles a sewing pattern. I die cut and embossed that with Spellbinders™ Paper Arts Labels Twenty-One. I inked the edges of all the die cuts with Clearsnap brown ink. These are adhered with clear Mounting Squares.
The spools are small wooden craft spools. I recruited my hubby and his tools to help cut the spools in half. I wrapped them in twine and tied a knot. I cut a few more 3D Foam Squares to attach the spools to the card.
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L: 3D Foam Squares, Photo Corners Black and Kraft, Clear Mounting Squares
- Vintage Street Market: Dimestore Vogue Kit
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: S5-027 Labels Twenty-One, Grand Calibur™ Machine
- Clearsnap: Black Pigment and Chestnut Roan Fluid Chalk Inks, foam applicator
- WorldWin® Papers: Black Treasures and Cotton Candy CutMates Cardstock
- Scor-Pal: Scoring Board, Piercing Bugs Rotary Tool
- Inkadinkado: Housework stamp # 94830MM
- Darice: Craftwood ½” x ⅝” spools
- String, pink thread
Thanks for visiting today, and have a wonderful day sweeping the room with a glance!