Hi, it’s Beth today! Are you looking for creative ways to up your cardmaking? See how I played around with the Creative Photo Corners to come up with something different. I needed to make a few masculine cards for Father’s Day and graduation. Using Creative Photo Corners, I made a frame & embellishment design, I think it’s pretty cool!
The embossed “V” on the Creative Photo Corners created an interesting texture when I started stacking and layering them. I created a frame, or a stack of frames made by lining up the Creative Photo Corners.
Cardmaking with Creative Photo Corners
First, start stacking and lining up the edges. See how they build into a square!
For the larger black square, I didn’t like the way they lined up on their own so I cut a square and aligned the edges of the Black Creative Photo Corners to the edge of the square paper. That was much easier then eyeballing it!
I stamped a flourish image to the Kraft square, and then inked the outside edges of it. I felt like it needed some kind of design element to it.
3D Foam Squares were added to the back of the Kraft square, and used MyStik™ Permanent adhesive with the other squares. For the vintage keyhole I used Crafty Power Tape, perfect for heavier or bulkier items.
Next, I stacked the Creative Photo Corner elements onto each other, then added a die cut behind them, and adhered it onto a patterned paper card front. I stamped a sentiment to finish it off.
Don’t you love the texture the Photo Corners add to this card!
- Creative Time: 30 Minutes
- Skill Level: Beginner
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®™: Creative Photo Corners in Kraft and Black , Crafty Power Tape, 3D Foam Squares White Regular, MyStik™ Permanent
- Spellbinders™ Paper Arts: S5-030 Fancy Tags Two
- Clearsnap: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan
- Bo Bunny: Timepiece Collection paper in 6×6″ Pad
- JustRite Stampers: Kindness stamp set
- Stampers Anonymous: Fabulous Flourishes stamp set
- Melissa Frances: Vintage Keyhole
Thanks for visiting!