Happy Monday everyone! It’s Lisa here with you and I have an elegant, but fun “Hello” card to share using some of the newer adhesives in some interesting ways.
I made a little tutorial to show how easy this was to put together. I hope it helps. I’m a visual learner, so I know how seeing how things are made helps me, too.
Start with a black A2 card base, folded on the horizontal edge. (An A2 card is 4¼” x 5½”.) Then cut a Kraft card front ¼” smaller than your card base — this is the piece that we’ll be working with.
- Start by turning your card front on the diagonal and marking off 1″ increments with a T-Ruler. We’ll be using the Premium Double Sided Tape 1″ to create stripes.
- At every other inch mark, and still using the ruler as a guide, lay down strips of tape. If you’re using a non-stick surface it’s okay if the strips are a little long as you can trim them once complete.
- Once all the tape is down and straight, burnish it down, lift it up and trim off the excess. Carefully remove the liner pieces at this time. (Since I embossed my tape I used an anti-static pouch prior to removing the tape.)
- Shake embossing powder over each exposed tape strip and heat emboss. I found that it’s easiest to do this one strip at a time.
- You can see how shiny the black embossing powder gets!
- Next I cut a strip of patterned vellum 5″ wide x 3⅛”. And to this I added a strip of the Extreme-Double Sided Tape ¼” – Permanent at the top and bottom of the back of the vellum. *TIP – when this is applied if you leave enough of an “edge” you can use it to adhere to TWO surfaces. I applied it to the vellum AND used the other “edge” for my black strip of paper in the next step.
- Adhere the vellum to the card front. Cut two ¼” black strips of paper to cover the adhesive.
- Wrap twine around the card front and secure with a Dodz™ Small.
- Secure card front to card base with 3D Foam Squares, Black Regular.
- Add embellishments and your card is FINISHED!!
Hope you all enjoyed the card and have a wonderful week!