Handmade Holidays Crystal Ornament and Gift Box by Judy Hayes
Judy used these Supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser • Dodz Adhesive Dots Small • Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium • Dodz Adhesive Dots 3D • Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6ʺ • E-Z Dots® Permanent Refillable Dispenser • 3D Foam Squares White Regular
Art Medium • Texture Ribbons • Gold Pigment Powder
Clearsnap Colorbox Pigment Ink, Gold Embossing Powder, Buttons Galore & More buttons, Teardrop Crystal, Gold Flower Stamens, Gold Opaque Glitter, Gold Cord, Red Ribbon, Holiday Greens and Oval Dies, Cardstock: Dark Green, Light Green, Brown, Kraft
- Apply Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6ʺ to dark green, light green and brown cardstock.
- With Adhesive Sheet liner side up, die cut different greenery from each color of cardstock.
- Remove liner of Adhesive Sheet, sprinkle exposed adhesive with glitter and press into adhesive. Remove excess. Repeat for all greenery pieces.
- Fasten gold cord to tear drop crystal.
- Wrap Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium around end of greenery branch. Press onto cord above crystal. Cut greenery length as needed. Continue adding branches of greenery with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium.
- Wrap 1 or 2 Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium around all greenery ends and cord.
- Dip flower stamens in Girlie Grunge Art Medium. Sprinkle with gold glitter. Allow to dry. Fasten over greenery with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium.
- Form bow and tie with cord. Fasten to greenery with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium.
- Thread gold cord through one buttonhole. Wrap cord around greenery and ornament cord just below bow. Thread cord through other buttonhole. Place Dodz Adhesive Dots Small on back of button. Press button in place over bow. Pull cord snug. Tie in bow or knot cord. Trim cord ends.
- On back side of ornament, brush gold pigment powder over exposed sticky areas of adhesive.
Box Embellishment Tutorial:
- Cut sheer organza ribbon to fit box top with extra to lap inside. Apply E-Z Dots® Permanent Refillable Dispenser along edge of ribbon. Sprinkle with gold glitter. Remove excess. Repeat along other edge.
- Apply adhesive with E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser inside edge of box lid. Press ribbon end over adhesive. Wrap ribbon over box top and fasten at other end with E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser
- Repeat Step 2 to fasten two lengths of dark red ribbon over sheer ribbon using E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser.
- Place 2 lengths of gold cord over dark red ribbon. Fasten ends with E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser . Dust any exposed adhesive with Pigment Powder Gold
- Follow Ornament Steps 1-3 for greenery.
- Fasten greenery stems to one Dodz Adhesive Dots 3D. Continue to fasten greenery with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium. Fasten to box top.
- Follow Ornament Step 6 for flower stamens. Fasten over greenery with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium.
- Thread gold cord through button, tie in a knot and trim ends. Fasten over greenery with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium
- Dust gold pigment powder over any visible adhesive
- Die cut oval from Kraft cardstock. Stamp greeting with pigment ink. Heat emboss with gold embossing powder. Apply ink to edge of oval and heat emboss with gold.
- Fasten oval tag to box with 3D Foam Squares White Regular
Are you ready for lots more creative handmade gift ideas and projects? Follow along on our blog hop! Simply click on each of the links below. Have fun and pin away!
Thanks to our Sponsors!
Thanks for supporting the sponsors for the Handmade Holiday Blog Hop
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® • Clearsnap • Hydrangea Hippo • Hepp’s Salt Co. • The Twinery • Stencil1 • Buttons Galore & More • DecoArt, Inc. • Walnut Hollow • Graphic 45 • Iron Orchid Designs