Hi, Connie here with a gift card idea using a coffee mug die to create coordinating pair of His and Hers Coffee Mug Gift Cards. Something like the Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ will work great because you need a strong, narrow tape.
Coffee Mug Gift Cards Supply List
I gathered some pattern paper from my stash, along with a mug die, a gift card and a hot cocoa mix. The idea is the gal gets the gift card and the guy gets the hot cocoa mix. Would work for me! Shopping fun!
Steps on Creating the Gift Cards
- Cut out the coffee mug die, two times. One for Him and one for Her.
- Stamp out images that are needed for the front of the cups.
- Cut them out and set aside.
- Stamp #hashtag words on labels for each gift card.
- Using the Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ adhere to the cup handle, side and bottom (His). Then fold over creating the pocket that will hold the cocoa mix. On the second card (Her) adhere the Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″ to the back of the insert, that holds the gift card, and attach to the inside of the cup card.
- Using the Dual Tip Glue Pen add the oval (shadowing for inside of cup) to each gift card.
- Arrange stamped images and adhere with E-Z Squares Refillable Dispenser.
- The images that you want to be dimensional adhere with 3D Foam Circles White Mix.
Designer Tip: Fold the edges over on both sides of the cocoa mix, it will fit better and look better in the (His) coffee mug.
I opened the card to reveal the shopping gift card. I wonder how much is on it? LOL!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this project.
Creative Time: 60 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate
Coffee Mug Die Set by Trinity Stamps, Patterned Papers: Authentique Paper, Stamps: Darkroom Door and Stampers Anonymous (Hash Tags), and Ink: Ranger Ink (Archival Ink)