Hello there! It’s Angela today sharing a card featuring a custom background created with the E-Z Dots Repositionable Dispenser.
Happy Day Card – Repositionable Adhesive Resist Technique
The background was inspired by Stephanie’s mixed media scrapbook page post, posted here: Mixed Media scrapbook page. Stephanie inspired me to get out my misting masks. When I was using the E-Z Dots Repositionable Dispenser to help keep the mask in place on the white card stock, the inspiration struck to fill in the design with the dots as an additional resist.
1. Hold the stencil in place by applying the E-Z Dots Repositionable adhesive to the back of the stencil and apply it to the smooth side of the white card stock:
2. Fill in the positive spaces on the stencil with more E-Z Dots Repositionable Adhesive:
3. Mist, let dry and then remove the stencil. Remove the repositionable adhesive with your fingertips:
Here is a side by side comparison of the background design with and without the additional repositionable adhesive masking:
I love the extra depth this technique gives to the design!
4. Swap a E-Z Runner Permanent Strips Refill into the E-Z Dots Repositionable Dispenser and adhere the background to a black card base:
5. Arrange two double wide strips of the Crafty Foam Tape-Black 13′ diagonally across the upper left and lower right of the card as shown below, remove the backing, place the sentiment tag and cover the remaining exposed foam tape with glittered black flock:
6. Embellish with gems:
Super fun card with a great technique! Thank you for stopping by today.
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Supplies: E-Z Dots Repositionable Dispenser, E-Z Runner Permanent Strips Refill, Crafty Foam Tape-Black 13′
Other supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Dylusions by Ranger Ink Spray, Crafter’s Workshop Stencil, Ormolu sentiment tag, Martha Stewart for EK Success flock, Doodlebug gems