Shell Carman here today with a little tutorial on how to create some cute little rolled roses as you can see in the page above. These are created from scraps of paper and 2 of my fav 3L products Dodz 3D & E-Z Runner Permanent Fine Adhesive.
1. Take a scrap piece of patterned paper or cardstock. Using a pencil draw a spiral on the back side of the paper. The bigger the spiral the bigger the rose.
2. Use some scalloped scissors and cut around the spiral. Make sure the scallop is on the outer edges.
3. Turn the spiral over so that the good side is facing up. Ink the outer edges with Walnut Stain ink.
4. Run the E-Z Runner Permanent Fine Adhesive along the inner edges of the spiral with the good side facing up.
5&6. With the good side still facing up begin to roll from the outside. Keep the rolls nice & tight to begin with then slightly loosen the rolls as you get closer to the middle.
7. Place a Dodz 3D at the end of the spiral
8. Gently press the roll onto the Dodz 3D to keep the rose shape in place.
Other Products Used
Pink Paislee London Market paperPink Paislee Artisian Resist Hearts
Green Tara Flowers
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Foliage die
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spritz Seafoam
Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain
I hope you enjoyed todays tutorial!
Thanks for looking
Shell Carman – Another Scrappy Day