Hello again, so lovely to see you visiting us today. Did you have a good Christmas? Did Santa bring you lots of pressies?
It’s time for another inspiration with Asia King. I am still in a festive mood so I’d like to share some more Christmas tree ornaments I made using fabulous products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. If you’ve missed my Photo Corners bauble, be sure to check it out here :). Today I’m playing with the 3D Foam Stars.
You will also need: Styrofoam stars, white acrylic paint, metal embellishments, decorative pins, burlap string and Stampendous glitters: Crystal Micro Glitter, Gold Micro Glitter and Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter.
1. Start by painting your Styrofoam star with white paint and while the paint is still wet sprinkle it generously with the Crystal glitter. Allow to dry. Once dry, brush off the excess glitter.
2. Decorate the biggest foam star with the glitters. Alternate the colours by peeling the protective layers one by one. Use the chunky glass glitter for the biggest layer.
3. Cut the star out of the sheet leaving a 2mm border all around the shape. The border will make it easier to handle the star during the next step.
4. Adhere the glittered shape to the Styrofoam star by peeling off the bottom protective layer. Adhere each arm carefully and press on the star gently to ensure all parts are fully adhered.
5. Next peel off the protective sheet from your 2mm border and cover the foam with the Crystal glitter.
6. Add metal embellishments and secure them with burlap strings and decorative pins.
And here are a couple of other ideas for your star ornaments.
Other: Styrofoam stars, white acrylic paint, burlap string.
Thank you for your visit today and since this is my last post for this year, I’d like to wish you all a fantastic New Year 2014, full of joy and crafty power!
Big crafty hugs