I am SO excited to share with you a project that features one of Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Collection’s newest release – Tissue Tape in Ash and Oak!
To give the surface “tooth” to grab on to, I sanded the entire tin with fine grade sand paper which you can get at your local hardware store.
Next I painted two coats of Gesso (dry time between coats) and then painted white acrylic paint. When the paint dried, I went to town! First I covered the base with Tissue Tape – Ash. Using strips of the tissue tape, I covered about two layers for a wonderful natural color. Repeat the same process with the lid, using Tissue Tape – Oak.
For the embellishment, I looped white fabric covered wire twice and colored with Pigment Powder Brown and water as the base. Then added Pigment Powder Gold and water into a mister to spray the ring as accent. Place on the lid with Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium. With two feather and “YOU” die cuts, I used different sizes of 3D Foam Squares White, Mix pack for dimension.
As the finishing touch, I tied Twine in Natural, to the feather’s stem and it’s ready to be given away…
This tin is part of a three-piece ensemble…
I hope this inspired you to get your tissue tape ON!
Thanks for stopping by!
• Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium and 3D Foam Squares White, Mix
• Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: Pigment Powder Gold, Pigment Powder Brown, Tissue Tape – Ash & Oak and Twine – Natural
• Dies: Spellbinders® Creative Arts
• Gold Metallic Foil Cardstock: WorldWin Papers®
• Gesso: Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft®
• Altoids Tin
• White Fabric Wire
• Fine Grade Sand Paper