This vintage ornament is something I wanted to share with you today. Over the summer, I have been distressing old lids by soaking them in a vinegar and water mixture.
Hi there! Michele here and I did a bunch of them to save for vintage-inspired projects like this one. Let me show you how I created this ornament!
Assembling my Vintage Ornament
- Die-cut a circle shape from watercolor paper to fit inside the lid.
- Next, sponge ink and sprinkled a bit of water on the circle in keeping with the vintage look.
- Stamp the image in black ink. Colored it with Copic Markers. Note: I added a bit of shine to her eyelids, lips, and wings with a Wink a Stella pen. I applied Dual Tip Glue Pen underneath her and sprinkled glitter. I layered two coats to keep it fairly dimensional. Let Dry.
- For the circle to pop up and not be flushed with the lid, stack three layers of Crafty Foam Tape on the inside of the lid and adhered the circle in place.
- Die-cut the poinsettia flowers and colored it with Copic Markers. Again, I applied Dual Tip Glue to adhere the glitter. I set it aside to dry. Then assemble the poinsettia.
- Add two layers of Crafty Foam Tape under the poinsettia to pop it up a bit. Tuck a bit of sparkly string under the flower and secure with a Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium.
- Finally, I added a bit of Silver Stickles and little gems around the perimeter of the image for interest.
- Thread ribbon through the punched hole and it’s ready to be hung on the tree!
Thanks for stopping by!
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Crafty Foam Tape
Dodz Adhesive Dots Medium
HomeHobby by 3L®:
Dual Tip Glue Pen
Rusty Lid, Stamp (Crafty Secrets), Glitter (Martha Stewart), Wink of Stella pen, Etched Dies (Spellbinders), Copic Markers, Gems (Queen & Co.), string, flower centers, black ink