Hello, Angela Ploegman here with a tutorial for making your own mosaic stamps as used on this sweet Valentine’s Day card!
DIY Mosaic Stamp
1. First, print a basic shape in the size you’d like to make your stamp…I used a heart shape and distorted it a bit to make it a bit less ‘perfect’.
2. Lay a 6×6 piece of heavy acetate down on the printed shape. Adhere 3D Foam Squares White Regular and 3D Foam Squares White Small to the acetate, filling in the shape. I cut some of the regular sized 3D Foam Squares in half to fill some gaps.
Tip: Mark the four edges to allow for alignment in case things ‘slipped’ in process.
Stamp with the Mosaic Design
3. Remove the backing for the 3D Foam Squares. Stamp 2 or 3 colors of Distress Inks onto a craft mat of palette board, then spritz with ClearSnap Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer to blend colors. Ink the handmade stamp and place face up on a flat surface.
4. Wipe the excess ink from the edges of the acetate and press a piece of watercolor paper down onto the inked 3D Foam Squares. Remove paper from the stamp. Note the first impression won’t stick but the second impression will just a bit. Don’t worry it’s easily separated.
The Finishing Details
5. Trim the stamped image to 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 inches. Adhere using an E-Z Runner Permanent Strips Refillable dispenser to a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 inch black card base.
6. Add card stock sticker sentiment, changing the color with black gesso. Reinforce the adhesive layer by using an Adhesive Sheet 4×6″. Embellish with some enamel dots and you’re done!
Here’s a close-up view of the stamped area…
Just love how this mosaic stamp turned out and how it looks – so on trend and OH SO EASY to accomplish!
Thanks for joining me today!
Creative Time: 60 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
3D Foam Squares White, Regular
3D Foam Squares White, Small
Adhesive Sheets 4×6″
E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips Refillable
Inks: ClearSnap (Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer) and Ranger Ink (Distress Inks by Tim Holtz); Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Enamel Dots: My Mind’s Eye; Cardstock Stickers: Jillibean Soup Designs; Black Gesso: Ranger Ink (Claudine Hellmuth); Acetate Sheet: Clearscraps; Watercolor Paper
Join our email list for news, product information and giveaways!
Find us here, just click on the icons:
By judy jung February 22, 2014 - 7:03 am
This is a great idea!! I love the trendy look. Thanks for sharing!