Hi everyone! Lisa here with a fun way to use some of your die-cuts along with your adhesives. I had never used them quite in this way before and I really loved how it turned out.
The background was water-colored and cut ¼” smaller than the card base. One corner may be rounded for interest (as I did).
1. From the water-colored panel the butterfly was die-cut from it, being VERY careful to keep all the pieces in place. A second butterfly was die-cut from vellum.
2. Cover back of water-color panel with MyStik® Repositionable Dots. (This was done for easier positioning later.)
3. Cover back of water-colored butterfly THOROUGHLY and carefully with E-Z Dots® Permanent Refillable Adhesive.
4. Using craft knife, carefully stick down butterfly back down into area that was die-cut. BUT, then lift out outer area BEFORE butterfly fully adheres. Press down to create permanent bond with the remaining pieces of the butterfly. Place the Vellum butterfly on top and adhere in the center using E-Z Runner® Permanent Fine Adhesive.
TIP: “EZ-Dots® Permanent Refillable Adhesives are initially removable with the swipe of a finger, then create a permanent bond.”
5. Gently remove the MyStik® Repositionable Dots from the back of the water-colored panel and replace with E-Z Dots® Permanent Refillable Adhesive. Secure the panel firmly in place and back over the vellum butterfly.
6. Adhere two Dodz ™ Medium to the back of the water-colored butterfly. Create a few loops with some gold thread and secure butterfly on top.
(not pictured) – Add texture with Glass Bead Glitter Gel (through a stencil) and add sentiment with stickers. Outline stickers with permanent pen.
Here’s a close-up of the butterflies!
This creates a beautiful, unique, and lovely anniversary card for a special couple…or maybe someone wonderful in YOUR life, too. ♥
Cardstock – (My Favorite Things)
Dies – Happy Butterfly (Technique Tuesday)
Accessories – Gansai Tambi, Wink of Stella (Kuretake Zig), Gold thread (vintage), Chit Chat stickers (Ranger), PITT Artist Pen, Glass Bead Glitter Gel (Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®).