Hello blog readers!
It’s Angela today sharing a tutorial for this clean and simple Father’s Day Card:
I’ve been playing with negative space a lot lately and this card is another example…here’s how I made it:
1. Gather your supplies – you’ll need Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6″, Crafty Foam Tape White and 3D Foam Squares White Mix. In addition to the sticky goodness listed above, you’ll also need a patterned paper, solid card stock, alphabet dies, sentiment stamp and some ink.
2. Make an A2 top fold card base (4.25 x 5.5 inches) from the patterned paper. Cut a 4.0 x 5.25 rectangle from the solid card stock. Round two corners on a narrow side of the rectangle.
3. Apply the Adhesive Sheet 4 x 6″ to the back side of the solid card stock. You’ll have to peel up the yellow protective layer, insert the card stock and then allow the yellow layer to fall back into place.
4. Remove the yellow protective layer completely. Remove the excess exposed adhesive by rubbing gently with your finger. Arrange the alphabet dies onto card stock.
5. Tape in place and die cut. I like using adhesive backed card stock for this step as the die cut letters come out self adhesive this way, ready to use on another project!
6. Stamp the sentiment onto the card front.
7. Flip over the card front and apply the Crafty Foam Tape White. I like to reinforce along the top, bottom and die cut edges for a good amount of support.
8. Adhere to the card base flush with the top fold. Use the 3D Foam Squares White Mix to adhere the negative spaces in the die cut letters.
And you’re all done! Super quick and easy….just in time for Dad’s big day!
Other Supplies Used: Simple Stories patterned paper, Memory Box alphabet dies, Lawn Fawn sentiment stamps, Ranger Archival Ink, Bazzill Basics Paper card stock, We R Memory Keepers corner rounder