Hi! Dana Tatar here today sharing a fun way to dress up a simple Thank You card. I like to have extra cards on hand this time of year. I elevated a store-bought box of cards with foil lettering and used Adhesive Dots 3D to create faux wax seals. These simple techniques help add that special touch without taking too much time.
How to Apply Foil Lettering to a Card
1. Use a stamp to apply a sentiment onto the colored side of a transfer foil sheet. Transfer Foil Sheets are included in both the 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit and the 3D Foam Holiday Embellishment Kit.
2. Place the foil transfer sheet over the front of a card. Use a heat tool to trace the stamped sentiment, sealing the foil onto the front of the card. Another option for this step would be to die-cut a sentiment from an Adhesive Sheet or piece of 3D Foam and apply foil to that adhesive.
3. Lift off the foil transfer sheet.
How to Create a Faux Wax Seal with Adhesive Dots 3D
1. Heat an Adhesive Dot 3D for 15 seconds.
2. Apply watermark ink onto a small stamp and press and hold onto the hot dot for 15 seconds. The watermark ink is necessary for this step. It allows the stamp to lift cleanly from the adhesive dot.
3. Rub the stamped dot with one or more colors of metallic wax and buff to a shine.
4. Carefully remove the dot from the liner and apply over the flap of an envelope.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Creative Time: 30 Minutes
Skill Level: Beginner
Other: Card and Envelope Set (American Crafts); Thank You Stamp (Paper Source); Clover Stamp (Memory Box); Watermark Ink (Clearsnap); Metallic Wax (DecoArt); HotMarks Tool (Walnut Hollow)