Hi, It’s Beth! I loved this guest post from Birgit Koopsen, Create Beautiful Texture with Adhesive Sheets Tutorial from about a year ago. Here is my interpretation of Birgit’s project as Artsy Tags.
Artsy Tag Tutorial
Spray shipping tags with Spritzers. I also sprayed with water to create a more mottled look. Dry well, I used a heat gun to speed up the process.
Using a 4×6″ Adhesive Sheet, randomly place the adhesive onto the tags, burnish a little then lift off, repeat until you are satisfied with the coverage.
Add clear embossing powder on top of the exposed adhesive.
Here’s the before.
Here’s the after, with the melted embossing powder.
Next I added some white pigment ink to the dark green tag, then some metallic spritzes, then I swirled the ink pads onto the tags to add another look to the background.
I die cut this design from both white and black 3D Foam Creative Sheets.
To add Pigment Powder, it’s easier to expose about half of the die cut, rub on the Pigment Powder. Then peel off the rest of the liner and finish applying Pigment Powder. You won’t see a line and it’s much easier – trust me!
I cut the die cuts in halves and quarters and added to the tags. On the green and blue tags I used BoBunny stickers (using 3D Foam Squares) and gems, and an old button. On the orange tag I used a splash of water and white embossing powder, white flowers and the stamped Blessings.
I realize this looks like a fair amount of work, but it really went fast, and was soooo easy! You have so many options with the color combinations!
Thanks for visiting, I hope you are enjoying our little inspiration series!
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: Adhesive Sheets 4×6″, , 3D Foam Creative Sheets, 3D Foam Squares
- Clearsnap: Colorbox Spritzers (Golf Course, Pumpkin Pie, Putty), Embossing Powder (White and Clear) Pigment Ink: Frost White, Mixed Media Inx (Wisteria, Peridot, Patina) Fluid Chalk Ink: Butterscotch
- Spellbinders: Celtic Medallion 2
- BoBunny Press: stickers, gems
- Unity Stamp Company: Chalk it Up set
- American Crafts: Chalk Markers
- Schwan Stabilo – Aquarellable Pencil
- Recollections: Flowers
- Misc: Shipping tags, ribbon, button, Pigment Powder – Gold and Brown
See how Christine Meyer uses this technique on a scrapbook page: