Today I wanted to share a quick and easy gift of a bookmark for mom on Mother’s Day. Find a nice book and place this bookmark through its pages for a thoughtful gift set. Using washi tape, I made this cute jar shape full of sweet flowers.
Using a piece of white cardstock, I covered it with Denim Tissue Tape. Then I placed on top of a sheet of 3D Foam Creative Sheet and trimmed to size. I die-cut my piece using my manual die cutting machine to make sure to cut twice for a clean cut.
Next I embellished the jar with lace ribbon by adhering it with Adhesive Sheet 4 x 6″. Make sure to burnish the back – I used a bone folder. Then place on the front of jar (trim the excess) and wind four times around the jar neck with pink twine.
For the tag, I embossed it and then spritz with a mixture of water and red pigment powder for a little sparkle.
For the finishing touch, I thread a piece of lace ribbon, long enough to mark mom’s place in her pages. Here’s a close up and another look at the finished project!
Thanks for stopping by!
• Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: 3D Foam Creative Sheet, Adhesive Sheet 4 x 6″, Dodz Adhesive Dots Small and 3D Foam Squares White Small
• Washi tape, Lace Ribbon, Twine and Pigment Powder Wine
• Dies and Embossing Folder: Spellbinders® Creative Arts (Quiltworks Embossing Folder and Artisan X-plorer Machine); Lawn Fawn (Summertime Charm Jar Die); (Large Tag Die)
• Flower Die Cuts: Jillibean Soup™ (Sew Sweet Sunshine Soup Collection)
• White Cardstock: Darice/Core’dination ColorCore Cardstock®
• Water Mister