Hi there! Shellye McDaniel dropping by today with one of my favorite monthly projects, the Springtime Memory Dex Mini Album. I like to think of it as a daily journal to keep me inspired.
Memory Dex Mini Album Basics
To get started on this springtime art journal, I die-cut thirty-one various shaped cards from heavy-weight cardstock. I alternated the shapes and patterns to make the system more eye-catching.
Next, I selected matching elements such as stickers, die-cuts, and cut-outs to add to each page.
Above you can see how much dimension is created with all of the yummy layers!
Adhering the Elements
I always reach for products from Scrapbook Adhesives when crafting something that will get a lot of wear-and-tear. These are the adhesive products I used on the different materials and elements:
- Attaching mats: E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Strips Refill
- Small alphabet stickers, buttons, and pearls: Adhesive Dots Micro
- Buttons, wood veneers, and buttons: Adhesive Dots Mini
- Larger buttons: Adhesive Dots Large
- Buttons and flair: Adhesive Dots 3D
- Ribbon, bows, trim and chipboard/foam numbers: Adhesive Lines
- Round stickers and die-cuts: 3D Foam Circles White Mix
- Banners, tags and square stickers: 3D Foam Squares
- Large die-cuts, tags, and banners: Crafty Foam Tape White
- Doilies and small-area layers: Dual Tip Glue Pen
Finally, before I go on to the last few cards, let me share that I find a basket filled with my favorite adhesives makes the crafting go much quicker! I also gather embellishments, stickers, and die-cuts that coordinate with my project.
Thank you for joining me today!
Creative Time: 6+ Hours
Skill Level: Intermediate
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Adhesive Dots Micro
Adhesive Dots Mini
E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Strips Refill
Adhesive Dots Large
3D Foam Circles White Mix
Adhesive Dots 3D
3D Foam Squares
Crafty Foam Tape White
HomeHobby by 3L®
Dual Tip Glue Pen
Memory-Dex System and File Dies: Heidi Swapp; Patterned Papers, Stickers, Cut-Outs: Authentique Paper; Ribbon- May Arts; Twine- Target; Foam & Chipboard Numbers- American Crafts; Doilies-Doodlebug Design; Misc.-buttons, pearls, gems, tags and letter/number stickers