There is some prep work to get to the page ready to stamp, adhere the sentiments and add the stars using the Metallic Transfer Foil Sheets Nature. The thing about building a background for an art journal page you can’t mess it up. Add layers of ink, collage old papers or distress the page. I did all three!!!
Art Journal Page Prep
- 1. Add color to a blank art journal page using ink. I used Distress Oxide inks.
2. Speckle the page with water and then dab off leaving cool looking water spots. Stamp the focal images using the pigment ink. To speed up drying time use the heat tool to help dry the ink.
3. Use stencils to add background words.
4. Emboss the sentiment words, distress the paper and set aside.
Assembling the Art Journal Page
- 1. Add 3D Foam Strips Black to one of the Tim Holtz paper dolls die cuts.
2. Using the E-Z Runner Permanent Strips Refillable Dispenser on the other die cut. This is added dimension and will make one overlap the other.
3. Add the 3D Foam Squares White Mix to the sentiment words.
4. Place stars in random places using the E-Z Runner Stars Refillable Dispenser and then apply the Metallic Transfer Sheets Nature / Black over the stars and pull up.
I hope you enjoy this project. It is a little messy but not bad and you end up with a cool art page.
Thanks for stopping by!
Creative Time: 60 mins
Skill Level: Intermediate
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
3D Foam Squares White Mix
3D Foam Strips Black
Metallic Transfer Foil Nature
E-Z Runner Stars Refillable Dispenser
E-Z Runner Permanent Strips Refillable Dispenser
Other: Ink: Hero Arts and Ranger; Stamps: Darkroom Door and Blue Knight Rubber Stamps; Stencils: Darkroom Door; Embossing Powder: WOW!; Ink Applicator: Hero Arts