As always with mixed media there is some prep work. We need a card background to put those crazy birds on.
Creating a card background
- 1. Gather inks. I use Distress Oxide and water them down. Then I dab the card front in the colors, one at a time. Let dry and repeat for more color.
2. I chose the Nature set, for my Metallic Transfer Foil, to enhance the card front.
3. The Adhesive Sheets 4×6 are perfect for applying the Metallic Transfer Foil to the card front. Form the Adhesive Sheet into a ball. Then pull the cling sheet back and dab the sticky adhesive to random areas on the card.
4. Lay the Metallic Transfer Foil over the sticky adhesive and pull up. Repeat the process to get the look you want.
Now you are ready for stamps and stencils.
Create and assemble the card
- 1. Add stencils and stamps to create interest. I use Distress Oxide, Hero Hues/Black and Archival inks. The focal images are stamped and trimmed out ready for the card front.
2. To distress the crazy birds and card edges use wax by Hero Arts.
3. Use Crafty Foam Tape 108’/ Black and Crafty Foam Tape 108’/ White to adhere the layers of cardstock together on the white card base.
4. Stamp the sentiment and trim out. Adhere the sentiment to the card front using 3D Foam Strips/Black.
Pop the crazy birds on with 3D Foam Squares Black Mix.
Thanks for stopping by!
Creative Time: 60 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
3D Foam Squares Black Mix
3D Foam Strips Black Small
Adhesive Sheets 4×6
Crafty Foam Tape 108′ Black and Crafty Foam Tape 108′ White
Metallic Transfer Foil/Nature
Other: Brushes: Hero Arts; Inks: Hero Arts and Ranger. Stamps: KatzelKraft and Studio Light; Stencil: Carabelle Studio