Hello everyone! It’s Judy here today to share a Poinsettia tag. At this time of year, I use tags to dress up cellophane bags or even brown lunch bags filled with homemade cookies to give to friends and coworkers. The assembly of this tag can easily be broken into little steps to fit into a busy schedule! It would be just as pretty on a package, especially one wrapped in brown paper and tied with string.
To make this tag, I cut 2 tags with Spellbinders Tag, You’re It die – one cut from music paper and one from cream card stock along with circle to fit around hole. I used Adhesive Sheets on back of circle to fasten it to tag. Distress inks were rubbed onto the music tag and lightly onto cream tag. The verse was stamped with black ink. Crinkled seam binding ties the tags together. A piece of Lace Ribbon is fastened with Premium Double-Sided Tape. I placed the tape where it would be covered by the poinsettia.
The poinsettia pieces were cut from red patterned paper and the leaf from green patterned paper. All pieces were inked along edges and sanded to expose white on veins. The poinsettia layers are assembled with DODZ™ Small.
I made the poinsettia center by rolling 6 DODZ™ Medium into balls. Once these were in place on poinsettia, they were dusted with gold Pigment Powder.
To complete the tag, I used DODZ™ Medium to fasten a loose bow of twine under the poinsettia and fastened both to the tag with another DODZ™ Medium.
Thanks for visiting today!
Wishing you a joyous holiday season!
• Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® – DODZ™ Small, DODZ™ Medium, Adhesive Sheets 4×6″
• Home & Hobby – Premium Double-Sided Tape ¼ʺ
• Spellbinders® – S5-055 Poinsettia, SR-004 Tag, You’re It
• Penny Black – holly tweet
• Imagine Crafts Versafine™ Onyx Black
• Ranger Distress Ink – Walnut Stain, Tea Dye
• Simple Stories – Handmade Holiday (music); December Documented (Green Snowflake; Red Snowflake)
• Cream card stock
• Gold Seam Binding