Hi, Connie here to share a fun and unique card project. Who combines Santa with a ranch theme on a card? Me! LOL! I will also show how the 3D Foam Strips can help in those hard-to-reach areas to create this wonderful holiday card!
The Thought Behind the Santa at the Ranch Card
To use the stamps that I had picked out I would need to build a scene. Then the elements would need to be stamped and colored. Last decide on the layout of the card and which elements will need to be trimmed out. I cut the cow, star, presents, scarf and suitcase out. The trees and deer were stamped on the card front after landscape was penciled in. I used Distress Oxide for the coloring and Archival for the card front.
Assembling the card
- 1. Pencil in a line to separate the sky from the snow. Stamp in trees. Adhere the small gifts under the tree using the Dual Tip Glue Pen.
2. Using the 3D Foam Squares White Mix to adhere the Santa cow to the card front. On the very end of the cows tail is a trimmed down piece of the 3D Foam Strips. Just the perfect size!
3. Next adhere the Santa hat over the cow horns and the suitcase with 3D Foam Strips.
4. The sentiment is embossed and adhered in the middle of the cow using the 3D Foam Strips.
- 1. Adhere the card front to black cardstock using the Crafty Foam Tape 108′.
2. Adhere the card front to a folded card base using the E-Z Runner Permanent Strips Refillable Dispenser. Speckle the card front with acrylic paint for a snowy distressed look. I added black speckles to the snow ground also.
This was a fun Santa at the Ranch Card project!! I hope the concept of creating your own scene doesn’t scare you off. Pencil it off and that will get you started.
Thanks for stopping by.
Creative Time: 90 minutes
Skill Level: Advanced
HomeHobby by 3L®
Dual Tip Glue Pen
Other: Stamps: KatzelKraft, Darkroom Door and Blue Knight Rubber Stamps; Ink: Ranger Ink; Embossing Powder: WOW! Embossing Powder