Happy 4th of July! Dana Tatar here today sharing a fun kids craft tutorial that uses black glue and markers to create a patriotic art mandala. Keep the kids entertained during your holiday celebration with this craft project that mimics the look of stained glass.
How to Create Black Glue Art
- Creative Time: 1 Hour
- Skill Level: Beginner
1. Select a printable mandala patriotic image or draw an original design. Use E-Z Dots Repositionable to secure a piece of vellum over the patriotic design.
2. Mix 3 parts of liquid glue from the Dual Tip Glue Pen with 1 part of black acrylic paint. Transfer the black glue into a bottle fitted with a fine tip applicator.
3. Apply black glue to the vellum, tracing the patriotic design. Work from the center of the design and progress out towards the edge of the paper. This formula is quick drying. Once I reached the outer edge of the design the center was dry. Let the design dry completely before proceeding to the next step. Save time by completing this step before any festivities.
4. Use red, white, and blue markers to color the design. Watercolors would also work for this step. I’m a stickler for coloring inside the lines. To make adding color to this design easier I applied color to the back side of the vellum so that I could color over the black glue stars in my design.
5. Cut a 1/2 inch cardstock frame for the artwork. Attach the frame to the vellum with E-Z Runner® Permanent Fine Adhesive.
6. Display finished mandala artwork in a window to catch the light.
Try this project using a favorite color of acrylic paint for a totally different look. If you love adding sparkle to your projects, check out Terri’s recipe for Homemade Glitter Glue.
More Inspirational Patriotic Craft Projects
Thanks for stopping by today!
HomeHobby by 3L Supplies:
Dual Tip Glue Pen
Other Supplies: Black Cardstock, Vellum, Markers (Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft), Black Acrylic Paint (DecoArt), Patriotic Mandala Printable (Don’t Eat The Paste)